We are trying to compile a book or online website relating to the history of North Cheriton village over the years.
Do you have historical information – photographs, information about your property, tales from the past, maps etc. – which you would like included and think would be of interest for others to read about our village?
If so, please can you let us have a look so that the information can be noted, copied and scanned. All documents will be returned safely to you.
Please pass to Sue Fitzmaurice at Overdale, Hardings Lane.
Paper copies are not being printed and distributed by hand for health and safety reasons at the moment.
As you may have seen in the press, churches around the country are gradually being opened for private prayer. We are looking for ways to be able to open our building in North Cheriton so watch this space !
25/06/20 9788 Somerset: Covid-19 Related Frauds & Scams a useful guide.
The attached booklet has been created to address some of the most common Frauds & Scams and to provide some insight on how to best protect yourselves, this includes those currently working from home. Please do take a moment to read through the information as there is also key information regarding the NHS Test and Trace system.
05/06/20 9788 Somerset: Loft Insulation Scam Warning – Important Update
We have received numerous calls following the Alert message about the Loft Insulation Scam which was sent on Friday the 29th May. In future, we would like to ask all recipients of this message to contact ActionFraud directly if they receive one of these calls. You can report this by contacting them on 0300 123 2040 between 8am and 8pm, Monday to Friday.
Alternatively you can email them at:
You were sent this message because you are in the following group(s): North Cheriton (North Cheriton, BA80AQ).
A phone call has very recently been received by one of our members who has reported this to their local coordinator.
The caller stated they were from the NHS track and trace service and according to their system the member had come into close contact with someone who had tested positive for Covid-19, therefore they needed to self-isolate for 7 days and take a Covid-19 test. (First mistake Isolation is 14 Days)
The member queried who this person was and advised this was confidential, but must take the test in 72 hours. The caller asked for the members address and this was provided and was then asked for a payment card and a one off fee of £500 (Second mistake, they will not ask for payment) as there are penalties for not complying.
Fortunately the member spotted this scam and hung up the phone.
It is important to note:
Contact tracers will never:
• ask you to dial a premium rate number to speak to us (for example, those starting 09 or 087)
• ask you to make any form of payment or purchase a product or any kind
• ask for any details about your bank account
• ask for your social media identities or login details, or those of your contacts
• ask you for any passwords or PINs, or ask you to set up any passwords or PINs over the phone
• disclose any of your personal or medical information to your contacts
• provide medical advice on the treatment of any potential coronavirus symptoms
• ask you to download any software to your PC or ask you to hand over control of your PC, smartphone or tablet to anyone else
• ask you to access any website that does not belong to the government or NHS
Guidance on NHS Track and Trace can be found here: