Agenda – Parish Council 18/08/2021

NORTH VALE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING – AGENDA

Meeting request:

All members of the council are hereby summoned to attend the Monthly Parish meeting of the North Vale Parish Council to be held at 7:30 pm on Monday 18th October 2021 at Holton Village Hall.  All members of the public and press are invited to attend.

Monday 18th October 2021 @7.30pm

Holton Village Hall

Electors Question Time/Comments

County / District Councillor Reports

21.52 Apologies

21.53 Declaration of Interest/Dispensations

21.54 Minutes of Last Meeting-Receive and sign the minutes of the last Parish Council Meeting on Monday 20th September 2021

21.55 Matters Arising from Minutes

21.56 Planning Applications – none – Plus any received by 18th October 2021.

21.57 Planning Decisions: none

21.58 Correspondence:

21.58.1 Chair of Blackford & Compton Pauncefoot Parish Meeting – concerns about agricultural track.

21.58.2 South Somerset District Council – 5 year land supply.

21.59 E A Gale’s Parish Lands Charity

21.60 Speed Indicator Device

21.61 Financial Matters:

            21.61.1 Review of bank balances at 30th September 2021

21.61.2 Authorise Cheques

21.62   Matters of report and items for next meeting.

21.62.1 The next meeting will held on Monday 15th November at 7:30pm in Holton Village Hall.

David Chapman-Parish Clerk North Vale Parish Council

www.hugofox.com/community/north-vale-parish-council-7856

North Vale Parish Council Minutes

NORTH VALE PARISH COUNCIL COUNCIL MEETING

DRAFT MINUTES

Monday 20th September 2021

Holton Village Hall

Present: Dave Young (Chairman), David Badham -Thornhill, Douglas Hodges, Hannah Crofts, Simon ford, Jenny Chambers, Gillian Freeman and Graham Boaler.

In attendance: David Chapman (Clerk)

Electors Question Time/Comments – none.

21.42 Apologies: Janet Down.

21.43 Declaration of Interest/Dispensations: none

21.44 Minutes of Last Meeting;

The minutes of the Parish Council Meeting on Monday 16th August 2021 were agreed and signed.

21.45 Matters Arising from Minutes:

Clerk reported that Gary Warren has been asked if we can use the 30 mph sign in Lattiford on the A357 approaching from the south can be used and a reply is awaited.

Clerk reported that an email had been sent to Kenny Higgins at Crestmoor confirming the outstanding jobs in Holton that he has kindly offered to do.

Dave Young reported that he had visited the property in North Cheriton and a lot of the ragwort has been cut down. It was reported that there is still some more that needs removing. Simon Ford will investigate and report back.

21.46 Planning Applications: none

21.47 Planning Decisions:

21.47.1 21/01735/PAMB Maperton Dairy Unit, Maperton BA8 8EN – notification of prior approval for the conversion of agricultural barns into 5 residential dwellings and ancillary works – refused – noted.

21.47.2 21/011925/ FUL Moonrakers, Hatherleigh, Lawrence Hill Wincanton – erection of a replacement workshop and storage barn building – approved with conditions – noted.

Planning Other: It was that SSDC has served enforcement notices on the owners of the property in Hatherleigh where it was reported by a resident that a business is being run without the correct planning consent.

21.48   Correspondence:

21.48.1 Somerset Association of Local Councils –  bringing forward the date of the next Parish Council elections from 2023 to 2022 to reduce the possible costs if there is a contested election. Councillors agreed with the proposal.

21.48.2 Somerset County Council Highways Department – request for update on the levels of grit in the bins in the Parish. Graham Boaler will check and report back to the Clerk.

21.49    E A Gale’s Parish Lands Charity – nothing to report.

21.50   Financial Matters:

            21.50.1 Review of bank balances at 31st August 2021 – reviewed and agreed. The current balance stands at £12,427.22

21.50.2 Authorise Cheques:

101134 £130.00 Wayne Pamphilion – grass cutting at North Cheriton cemetery

101135 £258.66 D Chapman – Clerk’s salary and expenses September 2021

21.41   Matters of report and items for next meeting:

21.51.1 Ragwort in North Cheriton – covered under ‘matters arising from minutes’ above.

Gillian Freeman asked about the debris on the pavement on the A357 where the bus stop sign                      was knocked down. Clerk reported that Somerset County Council has ordered a new sign and         the removal of the debris would be chased up.

It was also reported that the pavement from the bus shelter to the village in North Cheriton is      overgrown with vegetation and old branches have been left there, possibly by BT. Options were    discussed including  asking the Gale Financial Trust to fund a one off clearance but the Clerk will             ask SSDC first.

Gillian Freeman reported that she has been asked why there is a 20 mph speed limit in Holton       but not through North Cheriton. Councillors felt that Holton is a different case because a large           amount of traffic uses the village as a cut through from the old A303 to the A357 and a             substantial number of people in Holton had asked for the limit to be reduced and had raised          money towards the cost. Clerk reported that, in the unlikely event that SCC Highways did      investigate changing the limit, it takes several years and would cost the Parish around £4,500.

Jenny Chambers reported that she has been contacted by a resident of Maperton who is      concerned about an incident of tractors and trailers leaving a local quarry with stone and a large caterpillar digger leaving the site at around 11 pm. Councillors thought that, depending on what          the stone is being used for, the landowner may well be within their rights to do this. It was agreed        to monitor the situation.

David Badham-Thornhill reported that he has been contacted by a concerned resident about the use of land for motorcross in Holton. It was reported that no planning application has been          submitted for this. Councillors agreed that it would be discussed if a planning application is             submitted for our comments.

Simon Ford reported that the new batteries for the speed indicator device are working well.          Simon will move the unit to another location soon. It was agreed that David Badham-Thornhill      should attend a Chapter 8 training course. Dave Young will speak to Cretsmoor to book him on a             training course as soon as possible.

21.51.2 The next meeting will held on Monday18th October at 7:30pm in Holton Village Hall.

Meeting closed at 8:35

David Chapman – Parish Clerk

www.hugofox.com/community/north-vale-parish-council-7856

St John the Baptist Church

A reminder of our Harvest Service at 11 am next Sunday 3 October. We look forward to seeing you. We hope to have the Service outside so please bring your chairs, rugs etc. If the weather is not good we will be in the church, so remember to bring your mask.

Afterwards, we will enjoy a picnic lunch together (please bring your own lunches) – cold drinks will be provided.

We are collecting tinned/packaged/non perishable items which will be donated to The Lord’s Larder in Yeovil and your donations will be very welcome.

Next Parish Council Meeting – Sept 2021 Agenda

NORTH VALE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING – AGENDA

Meeting request:

All members of the council are hereby summoned to attend the Monthly Parish meeting of the North Vale Parish Council to be held at 7:30 pm on Monday 20th September 2021 at Holton Village Hall.  All members of the public and press are invited to attend.

Monday 20th September 2021 @7.30pm

Holton Village Hall

Electors Question Time/Comments

County / District Councillor Reports

21.42 Apologies

21.43 Declaration of Interest/Dispensations

21.44 Minutes of Last Meeting-Receive and sign the minutes of the last Parish Council Meeting on Monday 16th August 2021

21.45 Matters Arising from Minutes

21.46 Planning Applications – none – Plus any received by 20th September 2021.

21.47 Planning Decisions:

21.47.1 21/01735/PAMB Maperton Dairy Unit, Maperton BA8 8EN – notification of prior approval for the conversion of agricultural barns into 5 residential dwellings and ancillary works – refused.

21.47.2 21/01925/FUL Moonrakers, Hatherleigh, Lawrence Hill, Wincanton – erection of a replacement workshop and storage barn building – granted with conditions.

21.48 Correspondence:

21.48.1 Somerset Association of Local Councils – Future Parish Elections

21.48.2 Somerset County Council Highways department – Grit Bin Process

21.49 E A Gale’s Parish Lands Charity

21.50 Financial Matters:

            21.50.1 Review of bank balances at 31st August 2021

21.50.2 Authorise Cheques

21.51   Matters of report and items for next meeting.

21.51.1 Ragwort in North Cheriton

21.51.2 The next meeting will held on Monday 18th October at 7:30pm in Holton Village Hall.

David Chapman-Parish Clerk North Vale Parish Council

www.hugofox.com/community/north-vale-parish-council-7856

Parish Council Meeting -Minutes Aug 2021

NORTH VALE PARISH COUNCIL COUNCIL MEETING

DRAFT MINUTES

Monday 16th August 2021

Holton Village Hall

Present: Dave Young (Chairman), David Badham -Thornhill, Douglas Hodges, Hannah Crofts and Graham Boaler.

In attendance: William Wallace and David Chapman (Clerk)

Electors Question Time/Comments – none.

County / District Councillor Reports:

William Wallace reported that Somerset County Council has a recovery fund to businesses that have suffered from Covid 19. Dave Young will give the information to the Old Inn at Holton to see if they would be able to apply.

Mr Wallace also said that further information is expected from the Government regarding the decision to accept the One Somerset proposal for a unitary authority in Somerset but that it may result in boundary changes. The unitary authority would be better for residents as, in the past there has confusion about who to contact.

Mr Wallace stated that the SSDC planning department was in a chaotic state. Graham Boaler reported that the SSDC planning portal had been down most of the day.

21.32 Apologies: Jenny Chambers, Simon Ford, Janet Down, Gillian Freeman and Hayward Burt.

21.33 Declaration of Interest/Dispensations: none

21.34 Minutes of Last Meeting;

The minutes of the Parish Council Meeting on Monday 19th July 2021 were agreed and signed.

21.35 Matters Arising from Minutes:

Clerk reported that Gary Warren at SCC Highways Department has confirmed that he will go ahead and install the 20 mph roundels in Holton at the entrance and exit of the new 20 mph speed limit.

Clerk confirmed that notices have been out up in the Parish notice boards asking users of footpaths to close the gates.

21.36 Planning Applications:

21.36.1 21/02205/FUL– Solar site south of Brains Farm, Moor Lane, Wincanton – proposed solar farm and associated development – Councillors had no objections in principle subject to the proper provision in the permission / contract to maintain any rights of way across the site. The Parish Council would also like to see that any mitigating works mentioned in the application regarding biodiversity, hedge heights etc permanently secured in the planning conditions / contract.

21.37 Planning Decisions:

          21.37.1 21/01501/FUL The Dovecotes, Holton Road, Holton BA9 8AX – the erection of an equestrian filed shelter – approved with conditions – noted.

         21.37.2 21/01423/FUL Higher Hatherleigh Farm, Old Road, Holton BA9 8AE – proposed change of use of land to garden and formation of driveway and parking area – approved with conditions – noted.

            21.37.3 21/01142/HOU Byways, Higher Holton Road, Holton BA9 8AP – alterations and erection of a two storey rear extension to dwelling house – approved with conditions- approved with conditions  – noted.

Planning Other: none

21.38   Correspondence:

Local Resident – request for the Speed Indicator Device to be used in Lattiford near to the junction with the B3145 facing both ways. Clerk will check with SCC Highways Department.

Local Resident – concerns about ragwort in a filed in North Cheriton. Dave Young will investigate.

Somerset County Council – information on grants available to businesses affected by Covid – 19. Dave Young will talk to the landlords at the Old Inn at Holton to see if they could apply.

Email from the Chair of Blackford and Compton Pauncefoot Parish Meeting regarding collaboration on matters including planning applications. Councillors thought that this was a good idea.

21.39    E A Gale’s Parish Lands Charity – nothing to report.

21.40   Financial Matters:

            21.40.1 Review of bank balances at 31st July 2021 – reviewed and agreed. The current balance stands at £12,933.46        

            21.40.2 Authorise Cheques:

            101130 £130.00 Wayne Pamphilion – grass cutting at North Cheriton cemetery

            101131 £271.24 D Chapman – Clerk’s salary and expenses August 2021

            101132 £25.00 Somerset Association of Local Councils Ltd – Simon Ford training

            101133 £80.00 Society of Local Council Clerks – subscription 2021 – 2022

21.41   Matters of report and items for next meeting:

            21.41.1 Ragwort in North Cheriton – to be discussed at the September meeting. Dave Young reported that, on a recent trip to Norfolk, he noticed large amounts of ragwort, far worse than the amount  in our area.

            21.41.2 The next meeting will held on Monday 20th September at 7:30pm in Holton Village Hall.

Meeting closed at 8:30

David Chapman – Parish Clerk

www.hugofox.com/community/north-vale-parish-council-7856

Sewing Teacher request

My daughter Alma, aged 9, is very keen on learning to sew. She has already done some simple projects and can use the sewing machine on her own. 

I am hoping to find someone who would be happy to teach her one afternoon after school, on a weekly basis (except holidays). 

Would you be interested or would you know someone who could be interested? If so, please contact me by email jeanne.mortarotti@gmail.com or by phone 07894 470 402. 

Thank you very much. Jeanne Mortarotti